Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Growing Boy

We just got back from Blake's 2 week check-up at the doctor's office and he surprised us at how much he has grown! We were last at the doctor on Friday, August 7 and Blake weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and he was 7 lbs 8 oz when he was born and he was 19 inches long. Today, he weighed in at 8 lbs 9 oz (the 50th percentile) and is now 22 inches long (the 90th percentile)! I thought a couple of his outfits seemed shorter than the first time he wore them and that his onesies were getting harder to snap! Now I know why! The nurse even measured him twice because she didn't think he could have grown 3 inches in 2 weeks time. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that he's tall already :) I had put Blake in his bouncy seat for a nap over the weekend, and I had to laugh when I saw the position he put himself into! We introduced Blake to his pacifier last week Thursday night...it was getting late and he was screaming, so we finally caved in and gave it to him! He seemed to like it, he just has to learn how to keep it in his mouth! The last couple of nights he hasn't seemed to want it, which I am okay with...that way we don't have to get up during the night to stick it back in his mouth!

Eric also got to feed Blake his first bottle yesterday! Eric was excited to get to feed him instead of me always feeding him!
We also went to Eric's parents' house yesterday to celebrate all the August birthdays in his family - Blake (Aug 2), Ashley (Aug 8), Mom M (Aug 16) and Eric (Aug 28)Tonight we have an Infant CPR class that we had signed up for before Blake was born. I'm not feeling like going anymore, but figure it is a good class to take, so we will be leaving our baby boy for the first time. At least we know he will be in good hands at my parents' house!

Here are a couple more pics of Blake:


No comments:

Post a Comment