I had gone to my parents' house on Saturday, August 1, to go pick blueberries with my mom and I had just arrived and was in the bathroom when my water broke! I called Eric to let him know and he grabbed all our stuff and headed over to my parents' to pick me up and bring me in to the hospital. I wasn't really having contractions, but had to stay at thehospital to be monitored. By 10:00 (my water broke around 3 and we were at the hospital by 4:15) I was having contractions and had my epidural by 11:00 Saturday night. Blake's heart rate dropped shortly after, when I had a 4 minute long contraction...thankfully they were able to get it back up and we didn't have anymore scares during the night. I started pushing arounnd 7:15 Sunday morning and made some progress, but my contractions weren't coming fast enough, so after 2 hours, they gave me petocin to try to speed them up. Unfortunately, it only made them stronger. We ended up needing to use the forceps to get Blake out. I was just relieved it was over!
Blake started looking a little yellow, so he had his bilirubin (spelling??) tested Tuesday before we left the hospital, and he was okay, but we had to bring him back to the hospital Wednesday and Thursday just so they could be sure he was okay. He went to the doctor on Friday and weighed in at 7 lbs 5 oz. We were happy to hear that we didn't need to bring him back to the hospital again!
We had lots of visitors in the hospital and since coming home! Blake is a wonderful baby and has allowed us to get quite a bit of sleep (thanks to his car seat!) at night. I have only been getting up with him once each night!
Eric went back to work yesterday, but everything went great for us at home! Blake's unbilical cord fell off yesterday morning, so he had his first bath in his tub today - he definitely did NOT like his bath! He did get his revenge by peeing on me! I am just enjoying spending as much time with Blake as I can - he's sleeping in my left arm as I type this :)
Here are some pictures from the last week!











Seriously, that is one ADORABLE little man! I cannot WAIT until I can hold him on Thursday!
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteSarah Veltema
He is adorable. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteRebecca (Vander Vliet) Kuipers
He is so cute Jodi, congrats on your little boy
ReplyDeleteCongratulations - what an adorable little guy!
ReplyDelete